Basket Filing with custom folders
July 29, 2011 by · 11 Comments
So this is my take on organization. I’m not really the most organized person, but I do the best I can with kids and no craft room and a tiny house : )
I made custom file folders and put them in a pretty basket : )
I wanted to do this so I could keep it on my little bitty counter by my fridge and still be pretty and not some ugly box with some ugly folders! It is super easy!
Here is what you will need:
- an actual file folder (I used 3 different ones to trace cause I wanted the tabs on the right, center, and left)
- one of those paper slicer things (Sorry I don’t know the name but they are for scrapbooking)… this is optional I made this a while back and honestly I’m not sure what I used it for?
- glue stick
-scrapbook paper, I bought the nice heavier double sided kind
1. First you will need to trace the outline of the actual folder onto the scrapbook paper.
It will look like this when you are done
2. Cut that out. Do this for however many files you want alternating where the tabs are
3. Using scrap paper that you cut off, I flipped it over to the other side and cut out little rectangles and glued them on the tabs for labels.
That’s it. Put them in you’re basket : )
Yes, I have a file for “things to file” I will never hear the end of of it from my husband. But there is a good reason for it. When you are going through the mail and you need to file stuff away in your big filing cabinet and just want to get all the paper off your counter you put it here! Then one day you can take a whole lot a paper and put it where it realllllly goes : ) It works for me! My husband laughs every time he sees it, but he’s not the one doing all the filing!