Hello, Everyone! Today I am sharing a recipe that I developed at the very beginning of this year and it has become a true family favorite. I have had many good reviews from friends and neighbors, so I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as they do. This blueberry oatmeal bread is very moist and delicious, a perfect compliment to a warm cup of coffee. Prepare this bread the night before and wake to a quick and fast breakfast everyone will love. I cannot wait to share this recipe with you, so let’s get started.
Blueberry Oatmeal Bread Recipe
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (can easily be reduced to ¾ cup)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashion oats or quick oats
- 1 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Then add eggs one at a time.
- Next add vanilla.
- In a small mixing bowl combine cinnamon, baking soda, salt, flour, and oats.
- Alternate the dry ingredients and Greek yogurt mixing together all ingredients until you have a thick, creamy batter.
- Finally gently fold in your blueberries.
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan, smooth out top and sprinkle lightly with oats. Bake for 65-75 minutes or until done. Cool for 20 minutes in the pan, remove from pan, then allow to cool completely.
Looking for more yummy bread? Check out these recipes :)
Want more tips from Ashley?
Subscribe to receive home decor ideas, furniture plans, and DIY tips delivered to your inbox!