Today I’m going to share with you one of my favorite recipes, if you follow me on instagram, this is what we were eating the other night! It is so easy to prepare in the morning, and you have an entire meal ready at dinner. This is a great fallback when you know you are going to by busy… say with soccer practice, and there just isn’t time to cook dinner. Did I mention how tender the meat comes out. It is just plain delicious!! : )
Slow Cooker Beef Ribs Recipe
When making this recipe, the BBQ sauce you choose will determine a lot of the taste. I usually like to use an organic BBQ sauce from HEB. Sadly I don’t have an HEB here in Wisconsin and I just used my last bottle that I stocked up on from my trip back home at Christmas, so I’ll have to find a new brand. Just a little FYI, if your sauce is on the thicker side you might want to add just a little bit of water in the bottom of your slow cooker to thin it out a little.
- 2 lbs Boneless Beef Ribs
- 1 Onion
- 10 Carrots
- 6 Medium Russet Potatoes
- 1 Bottle BBQ Sauce
- ¼ c. Chicken Broth
- Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- Red Wine Vinegar (optional)
- Cover the bottom of your slow cooker with either red wine vinegar or chicken broth.
- Add your 2 lbs Boneless Beef Ribs. (I usually add mine frozen)
- Pour BBQ Sauce until your beef ribs are generously covered. (see picture below)
- Cut your onion into big slices and place around and on your ribs. You can use ½ or the whole onion.
- Dice your peeled potatoes and carrots and add on top of BBQ sauce. Drizzle a little chicken broth over your vegetables to add some moisture, and season them with salt, pepper, and your garlic and herb seasoning.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until vegetables are soft, stirring vegetables about half way through.
This is about how much BBQ sauce you are going to want to add.
and just in case you were wondering, the garlic and herb season I use is the Tone’s brand, available at Sam’s Club
Now enjoy your delicious slow cooker meal! I haven’t shared a whole lot of recipes in the past, but you can check out the recipes I have shared. Hopefully I’ll be sharing more this year! : )
Want more tips from Ashley?
Subscribe to receive home decor ideas, furniture plans, and DIY tips delivered to your inbox!