Halloween is right around the corner and this eye-catching Candy Corn M&M’s Popcorn Cake will be a hit at any party. Candy Corn M&M’s are new to me; however, I have found that they are quite addicting! These festive M&M’s are filled with white chocolate and have a candy corn flavoring, which helps to create a popcorn cake that is a sticky, chewy, and most of all delicious. If you have never tried popcorn cake it is very similar to a rice krispy treat, but with popcorn! As such, you may experiment with any ingredient your hunger desires in order to create your own signature treat. Kids and adults alike will enjoy this fun, festive cake. I know you are ready for the recipe, so let’s get started…
- ½ cup white popcorn, unpopped or
- 15 cups popped popcorn
- 3 TBSP melted refined coconut oil, for popping
- 4 TBSP butter
- 4 TBSP refined coconut oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt (optional)
- 1 10 oz bag of marshmallows
- 1 9.9 oz bag of Candy Corn M&M's
- orange sugar sprinkles
- I used a Whirley Pop to pop ½ cup of white popcorn kernels in 3 TBSP of refined coconut oil. This made approximately 15 cups. Make sure you remove all unpopped kernels from the batch. Set aside.
- Next grease a bundt cake pan for easy removal of the popcorn cake.
- Then in a large stock pot melt 4 TBSP of butter and 4 TBSP of coconut oil over medium low heat. Next add marshmallows and salt. Mix well with butter until melted. Once the marshmallows have melted remove from heat.
- Add popcorn and M&M's and quickly mix with a spatula until all popcorn is evenly coated.
- Next, pour popcorn mixture into a greased bundt cake pan. An extra pair of hands is helpful for this step.
- Firmly press the popcorn mixture down with wax paper. Cover and let popcorn cake cool and firm in pan for several hours.
- When ready to present loosen the sides with a butter knife and then turn upside down and gently shake onto serving dish.
- Garnish with orange sugar sprinkles.
- When ready to serve cut with a serrated knife.
Are you excited about Halloween desserts?
Try our Halloween Candy Toffee too!
Wait, before you go!
Sign up to receive our posts so you never miss out on furniture plans, home decor ideas, and much much more!