Thanksgiving is just around the corner! The smell of all things pumpkin is in the air, coffee is brewing, and we are all gaining a little extra weight! Every year ,until this year, I have made a turkey. My husband requested a ham… so he got a ham, an Orange Balsamic Holiday Glazed Ham Recipe to be exact!
I am excited to be sharing this Holiday Glazed Ham recipe with you as part of a Thanksgiving Day Menu Style Blog Hop. You will find recipes for every course of your Thanksgiving Day from over 20 of your favorite bloggers!
I admit, I have never EVER made my own ham. When my husband asked me to make one this year… I called my mom. Uhhh…. “mom can you help me please”. Ok… actually I called her while I was in the grocery store frantically going up and down the aisles trying to figure out how to make this slab of meat!
After several long conversations this Holiday Glazed Ham Recipe was born. It is so easy. I can’t believe I was so scared to bake a ham. It always felt so daunting to me! I am here to tell you… if I can do it, so can you!
Orange Balsamic Holiday Glazed Ham Recipe
You will start off with a fully cooked spiral cut smoked Ham. Then you just simply make the glaze.
I’ve been kind of obsessed with the show Chopped lately, so while I was cooking this I called my husband and said “I’m making a mandarin orange reduction” I have no clue if that’s the proper thing to call it, but it sure made me feel fancy. I’d like to say I was showered, hair done, makeup on, and looking good… but I was a complete mess and simultaneously decorating my Christmas Mantel. There was a hammer and nails next to my ingredients (they didn’t touch I promise). B this is how a DIY blogger cooks in the kitchen. Don’t you worry though… I put on my Foodie Hat just for you and this recipe turned out fabulous! We are still eating it!
Let’s get cooking shall we?
- Foil Pan
- 1 Fully cooked Spiral Cut Smoked Ham (for this recipe my ham is 8.37 lbs)
- Juice from 1 can Mandarin Oranges
- 1 Orange, sliced
- Fresh Rosemary
- 1 can Mandarin Oranges, drained
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ cup Honey
- 1 TBSP Yellow Mustard
- 1 TSP Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven according to directions on ham package.
- Pour ⅓ cup of the juice from your mandarin orange can into the bottom of your foil pan.
- Add ½ of your orange slices into the bottom of the pan.
- Place ham cut side down in foil pan and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake about 10-12 minutes per pound (or as package instructs). When you have 30 minutes remaining, remove from oven.
- Brush glaze on the ham. Pour any remaining over the top.
- Place two sprigs of Rosemary in the bottom of the pan.
- Leave uncovered, and place back in the oven for remaining 30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, baste the ham.
- Remove once finished cooking.
- While ham is cooking add all ingredients to a saucepan and whisk together.
- Heat and Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Set aside until you are ready to apply to the ham.
I hope you enjoy this Orange Balsamic Holiday Glazed Ham Recipe!! Be sure to stop by and visit all the other delicious Thanksgiving Recipes from some of your favorite bloggers!!
Maple – Glazed Turkey with Bacon and Sage | Five Heart Home
Turkey Tetrazzini w/ Mushrooms and Kale | The Fountain Ave Kitchen
Orange Balsamic Glazed Ham | Cherished Bliss
Turkey Soup | Carmel Moments
Cranberry Stuffed Turkey | Thoughts from Alice
Cauliflower Gratin | Love Grows Wild
Creamy Cheese Corn Casserole | Five Heart Home
Cranberry Citrus Salad with Goat Cheese and Pecans | Delightful E Made
Sautéed French Green Beans | Cherished Bliss
Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie | Cooking with Curls
Apple Pie Waffles | Club Narwhal
Raspberry Pie | Dessert Now Dinner Later
Triple Layer Chocolate Pie | I Should be Mopping the Floor
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pie | Lemon Tree Dwelling
No Bake Brown Sugar Cheesecake w/ Spiced Pears | Baking a Moment
Nutella Kahlua Truffles | Kleinworth & Co
Pumpkin Cupcakes & Maple Cream Cheese Frosting | Cupcake Diaries
Cream Filled Coffee Cake | Tastes of Lizzy T
Cranberry Orange Mulled Wine | Wine and Glue
Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake | Maison De Pax
Want more tips from Ashley?
Subscribe to receive home decor ideas, furniture plans, and DIY tips delivered to your inbox!