Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BHG at Walmart
I am so so close to finishing my bathroom. I just have a few more loose ends to tie up and I will be doing the full reveal, but today we are going to talk all about accessorizing bathrooms – Industrial Farmhouse Style – on a budget! All the little details in this bathroom were under $100. If you are considering putting your house on the market this is one of the best things you can do. The top two things people look are kitchens and bathrooms, so having your bathroom all fancy might seem a little silly, but it grabs people’s attention! Let’s talk about How to Accessorize Your Bathroom on a Budget!
As you know we have been busy with our bathroom remodel, actually we are doing both of them so after this one is all done I’ll have a whole new one to show you! We went with an industrial farmhouse style and I found the perfect accessories in the Better Homes and Gardens line at Walmart. It started off with the adorable soap pump, tooth brush holder, and “things” jar that I found. They are so unbelievably adorable, and the perfect addition to our new bathroom!
But let’s talk about how we are going to accomplish this on a budget!
How to Accessorize Your Bathroom on a Budget
1. Start with simple things. It’s very easy to get overwhelmed thinking about the details. Focus on what will be seen first. Typically most people look at the vanity first so when accessorizing your bathroom you want to make sure you have something there to draw people in.
2. Add New Linens. We all have mix matched towels that have somehow accumulated over the years. We don’t know where they come from… it’s kind of like our kid’s toys, but they are there! Put those towels away just in case you need them, but pick up some new towels to display in your bathroom. Don’t be afraid to use your linens as decorations! This helps cut to cost by using necessities as eye candy! By filling up that wire basket with necessary wash cloths, I am eliminating a whole space that would otherwise need to be accessorized!
3. Get yourself a new shower curtain. Nothing hurts the overall feel of your bathroom more than a dingy shower curtain. I typically like to go with light colors since my bathrooms are small….. it really brightens up the space and leaves you with a space that feels larger.
4. Use Storage as decoration. Using things like this little jar from Walmart allows you to declutter some of those shelves and drawers and hide it in something pretty. I also picked up those little drawers from Hobby Lobby. It’s a great place to keep hair ties, bobby pins, and any other little items that seem to end up everywhere in a bathroom!
5. Shop inexpensive stores. When you are trying to shop on a budget you can find great quality items at Walmart. The Better Homes and Gardens line is always on trend, so be careful not to overlook those places! You don’t have to go to bathroom specific stores! :)
So next time you are out at Walmart, take a look through the bathroom section and see how easy it is to accessorize your bathroom on a budget! : ) You can see everything I used below. And stay tuned for the full bathroom reveal!
Shop this Look:
Be sure to follow Better Homes and Gardens Live Better for all the latest products!