Morena Hockley and I am the crafty mind behind the tutorials at Morena’s Corner. I love to share ideas for
projects that are fast, frugal, and fabulous:
easy on time and money, and great to look at! I am a stay at home mom to four young
children, and crafting is what helps me maintain my sanity. It’s a wonderful outlet and it’s how I get my
“me” time. In a past life I was an
elementary school teacher and an assistant principal. I miss teaching, so my blog is in a sense my
virtual classroom. I hope you’ll swing
by to check out my corner!
I am honored that Ashley is allowing me to visit with her readers today! With school back in session and fall around the corner, we’ll all be dealing with the sniffles soon. Why not carry your pocket tissues with some whimsy? My Pocket Tissue Monsters are easy to make and are a fun project to do with kids.
1. Measure felt so it is three times as long as your pocket tissue and about one inch wider.
2. Fold your felt rectangle into thirds, slightly overlapping (as pictured).
3. Stitch the edges closed.
4. Flip the pouch inside out.
5. Cut embellishments from felt: teeth, lips, hats, mustache, antennae, etc.
6. Use glue (I used Alene’s Tacky Glue) to adhere embellishments and build the face.
Have fun mixing and matching the pieces to build funny monster faces!Once the glue has dried, insert the pocket tissues and pull one out to look like the monster is eating it. Fun! You and your kids won’t mind carrying tissues around anymore!
Just for kicks, I’d love to give someone the tissue monster of their choice. You can enter below. Good luck and thanks for letting me hang out with you today!
Wait, before you go!
Sign up to receive our posts so you never miss out on furniture plans, home decor ideas, and much much more!