You know how I keep saying fall makes me want to bake. Well today’s post is proof of that. This is absolutely DELICIOUS! If you like pumpkin pie and chocolate, you should love this! It’s salty, sweet, and tastes like a Fall Festival in your mouth! Not to mention it is pretty easy to make with few ingredients. That’s always a plus right? Are you ready for the recipe? Please don’t hold me responsible for any weight gain ; )
- Saltine Crackers (approx 2 sleeves)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons 100% Pure Canned Pumpkin (Libby's)
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie seasoning
- 11.5 oz package of white chocolate chips
- 1 handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Baking Parchment Paper
- Foil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line cookie sheet with foil and layer with parchment paper (trust me!)
- Line the cookie sheet with your saltine crackers, break if necessary to fill in the gaps
- Bring sugar, butter, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie seasoning to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium high boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly
- Immediately pour this mixture over the saltine crackers and spread evenly
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes
- Remove and layer with white chocolate chips
- Sprinkle in some semi sweet chocolate chips if desired
- Let sit for 5 minutes and spread evenly making pretty designs : )
- Let cool
- Freeze until ready to serve
Just a few tips when making this: When I was letting my chocolate chips melt I turned the oven off and let it sit in there with the door open, just to help them melt for easy spreading. Also, because we are using white chocolate, which is typically softer than milk or dark, I recommend keeping this in the freezer until serving. The pumpkin puree makes it a little softer as well. It’s just requires a little more finger licking than your typical toffee : ) But we don’t REALLY mind that right?
Pumpkin Pie Toffee
This doesn’t have a super strong pumpkin taste, although it definitely has one, you just might want to add a little more of the pumpkin pie seasoning if you like the pumpkin to stand out!
Now sit back, grab some coffee, and enjoy this beautiful season!! : )
Looking for some more great fall desserts to bake? Try this wonderful Banana Bread Recipe
Are you new here? Let’s get to know each other!
Wait, before you go!
Sign up to receive our posts so you never miss out on furniture plans, home decor ideas, and much much more!