Brrrr, it has been very cold across most of the U.S., so today I have a recipe that will quickly warm you up, Quick Turkey Chili. Don’t you just love recipes with quick in the title? I do love how easy and fast this recipe can be prepared. You even have time to whip up a pan of cornbread while this chili is simmering to perfection. This chili has a little spice, but it can easily be adjusted to your liking. I know you are ready for me to share this goodness, so let’s get started!
A Quick Turkey Chili Recipe
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 green onions, finely chopped, including the green part
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper (or to taste), add less for mild spice
- 1 cup of beer ( I used Heineken)
- 2 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 15oz canned black beans, low sodium
- a dollop sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- diced avocados
- shredded cheese
- In a stock pot partially brown ground turkey over medium heat. Drain all excess fat and reserve a tablespoon or so, just enough for the meat not to be dry.
- Add minced garlic and chopped green onion and finish sautéing until turkey is nicely browned.
- Next, add tomato paste and all seasonings. Combine well ensuring everything is mixed in. Doesn’t that smell so good?!
- Now add beer, vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, and black beans.
- Stir to evenly distribute all flavors, cover, and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches or cornbread. Garnish chili with sour cream, chopped cilantro, shredded colby jack cheese, and diced avocados.
Enjoy your meal, and stay warm! : )
If you are looking for more meals to warm you up these might interest you!
Want more tips from Ashley?
Subscribe to receive home decor ideas, furniture plans, and DIY tips delivered to your inbox!