Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a wonderful day! Today I am am excited to share my Roasted Red Pepper, Tomatillo, and Cilantro Hummus recipe. This hummus dip has a wonderful Mexican twist that is sure to please any hummus fan. I adore all the flavors this hummus has to offer and I hope you will too. This dip often makes an appearance in my daughter’s lunch and when she pulls this hummus dip out, her friends always ask if she will share! Serve hummus with veggies, crackers, pita bread, or pretzels chips and enjoy all the cool flavors. This makes for a wonderful snack, an easy lunch option, or will zest up any party. Ready for the recipe? Lets get cooking :)
Roasted Red Pepper Tomatillo and Cilantro Hummus Recipe
- 1 can of low sodium 15oz garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 red pepper
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed for a milder flavor
- 3 tomatillos
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 TBSP tahini paste
- 2 TBSP fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- olive oil
- First preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the red pepper, jalapeno, tomatillos in quarters and peel the garlic cloves.
- In a small baking dish (I used a pie plate) coat red pepper, jalapeno, garlic and tomatillos evenly in olive oil. Place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Now place the roasted red pepper, jalapeno, tomatillos, and garlic in a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse until smooth. Best served chilled. (in my opinion)
- Serve with veggies, crackers, pita bread, or pretzels chips.
Looking for more healthy Mexican inspired dishes? You might be interested in these!
Want more tips from Ashley?
Subscribe to receive home decor ideas, furniture plans, and DIY tips delivered to your inbox!