Hi everyone! Today I am sharing my recipe for Veggie Pasta Salad. My family adores this recipe! Meaning, all my kids are aware and will eat all the veggies I include. I like to call this veggie pasta salad a healthier version of Suddenly Salad, but loaded with colorful veggies. My boys will not normally eat red bell peppers. However, when they are finely chopped up they will eat this salad like there is no tomorrow. With that said I know you are ready for the recipe, so let’s get cooking!
VEGGIE PASTA SALAD
Start by finely chopping up all your veggies and add them to a fun serving bowl, don’t forget the sliced black olives :) I used a food processor to finely chop the carrots, celery, and onion. I cut the carrots, celery, and onion into sections and pulsed each vegetable separately on high until finely chopped.
I normally use whole wheat pasta in this dish, but my food runner (aka my daughter) brought home good ‘ol white pasta. Tri color rotini also looks beautiful in this salad as well. Cook pasta according to the box directions. After draining the pasta, rinse well with cold water.
Then place pasta in a large serving bowl and combine all ingredients with your favorite vinaigrette.
- 1 13.25 oz box of rotini ( I use Barilla)
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber or 2 salad or pickling cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ small purple onion, finely chopped or a shallot, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 2.25 oz can of sliced black olives, drained
- ¾ cup (or to your liking) of your favorite Vinaigrette.
- I use a Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette.
- a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Cook pasta according to the box directions.
- After draining the pasta, rinse well with cold water.
- Then place pasta in a large mixing bowl and combine all ingredients.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately.
Also, if your onion is strong, soak it in salted ice water for a bit to tame the flavor. Then chop finely.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might enjoy these!
Wait, before you go!
Sign up to receive our posts so you never miss out on furniture plans, home decor ideas, and much much more!