This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Collective Bias and Land O’ Lakes
Thanksgiving is this week, Christmas is around the corner and I’m gaining weight! It’s part of the holidays right?! What is holiday baking without a little weight gain! ; ) Today I have a festive Holiday 7up Pound Cake Recipe for you. This is great for thanksgiving, because you can just drizzle your Cranberry Sauce that you already made right on top! It also makes a great dessert to bring to holiday parties, work gatherings, or basically anything to keep you from eating the entire thing…. it’s that good! : ) So put on your apron and get out your bowls, it’s time for a little holiday baking!
7up Pound Cake Recipe
This recipe is a family favorite. I remember eating this as a child at my granny’s for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Ok, maybe we would eat it even if there wasn’t a holiday too. But it’s just so good!
Ok, we are really making it now I promise!
- 3 sticks of butter (room temperature)
- 3 cups of sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 12 oz bottle 7up
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar
- Then mix in eggs one at a time and beat well
- Add the flour gradually
- Next add vanilla, zest, and lemon juice
- Slowly add 7up and combine well
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured bundt cake pan and smooth out the top
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until done
- Let the bundt cake stand for 20 minutes after removing it from the oven
- Then invert the cake on your serving plate.
- While Baking the cake, boil the water and sugar
- Add cranberries and bring back to a boil
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain cranberries to remove the whole cranberries and seeds
- Drizzle sauce over a slice of 7up pound cake
The Cranberry Topping is totally optional. You can choose to drizzle it over each individual piece, or drizzle it over the whole cake. I’ll leave that up to you! ; )
Have you ever tried a 7up Pound Cake recipe? If so I’d love to know if you love it as much as I do!