Hi everyone, I am Ashley’s sister and I blog over at Once a Mom…Always a Cook. Don’t you just love fall, it is truly my favorite time of the year. Fall is new beginnings, fresh crisp air, family, and good comfort food. Today I am sharing my recipe for Pumpkin Bread. This pumpkin bread is very soft and moist; a perfect complement to a warm cup of coffee or tea. These little pumpkin loaves also make great gifts for the holiday seasons coming up. Pumpkin bread definitely fits in the category of good, comfort food and I hope you and your family will enjoy this recipe soon.
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp all spice or cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a mixer cream butter and sugar. Then add eggs one at a time. Now add vanilla and mix until creamy.
- Next add pumpkin, and spices, combine well.
- Now add baking soda, salt, Greek yogurt, and flour, mix until nice and smooth.
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a tester comes out clean.
If using mini loaf pans the cooking time will be faster. Check at 40-45 minutes
If you love this recipe, you can also make some banana bread following the same basic recipe! You will love both I just know it!