- 1/2 cup white popcorn, unpopped or
- 15 cups popped popcorn
- 3 TBSP melted refined coconut oil, for popping
- 4 TBSP butter
- 4 TBSP refined coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (optional)
- 1 10 oz bag of marshmallows
- 1 9.9 oz bag of Candy Corn M&M’s
- orange sugar sprinkles
- I used a Whirley Pop to pop 1/2 cup of white popcorn kernels in 3 TBSP of refined coconut oil. This made approximately 15 cups. Make sure you remove all unpopped kernels from the batch. Set aside.
- Next grease a bundt cake pan for easy removal of the popcorn cake.
- Then in a large stock pot melt 4 TBSP of butter and 4 TBSP of coconut oil over medium low heat. Next add marshmallows and salt. Mix well with butter until melted. Once the marshmallows have melted remove from heat.
- Add popcorn and M&M’s and quickly mix with a spatula until all popcorn is evenly coated.
- Next, pour popcorn mixture into a greased bundt cake pan. An extra pair of hands is helpful for this step.
- Firmly press the popcorn mixture down with wax paper. Cover and let popcorn cake cool and firm in pan for several hours.
- When ready to present loosen the sides with a butter knife and then turn upside down and gently shake onto serving dish.
- Garnish with orange sugar sprinkles.
- When ready to serve cut with a serrated knife.
You may add additional ingredients such as broken pretzels, peanuts, or even caramel. Also serve within 24 hours of making to prevent the popcorn from becoming stale.