- 3 Eggs
- 1.5 – 2 lbs chicken, cut into small chunks
- Sesame Oil (for chicken)
- 2–3 TBSP olive oil
- 4 cups cooked quinoa (day old is best)
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4–6 green onions
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Prepare your Quinoa in a Rice Cooker the day before. This allows for the correct texture in your final dish. I replaced the water with chicken broth in my rice cooker
- Whisk 3 eggs seasoned with salt and pepper to taste. Cook eggs omelette style over medium low heat. Cut into small cubes and set aside
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken with Sesame Oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil over high heat in a large frying pan, add chicken and stir fry for approximately 2 minutes or until light golden brown
- Add onion and garlic to pan and sauté until onions are soft. About 3-4 more minutes
- Stir in green onions
- Add quinoa to pan and evenly distribute, then let cook 2 minutes
- Continue to stir fry
- Add 1/3 bag of frozen peas and carrots, stir
- Add soy sauce and mix together.
- Once peas and carrots are fully warmed, cover with foil and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins