Classic Deviled Eggs make frequent appearances all year long at our family gatherings. From outside BBQ’s to holiday affairs, classic deviled eggs are a must. My brother in law, Chris, enjoys Classic Deviled Eggs so much that he will often attempt to eat the entire platter. You literally have to hide these yummy Classic Deviled Eggs from him in order to allow everyone the opportunity to indulge in the goodness. Although there are so many wonderful variations, this is how my family prepares our Classic Deviled Egg Recipe. I hope you enjoy!
Classic Deviled Egg Recipe
- 8 large, hard boiled eggs
- 4-5 leveled TBSP Mayo
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard or regular mustard
- 1 heaping TBSP sweet pickle relish
- small pinch kosher salt
- small pinch ground pepper
- small pinch garlic powder
- paprika (garnish)
- fresh chopped chives (garnish)
- Peel the outer shell and cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place in a mixing bowl. Place the egg whites on a serving dish.
- With a fork, mash the egg yolks until nice and fluffy.
- Add all ingredients except the garnishes.
- Combine ingredients and then dollop yolk in the egg whites.
- Garnish with a light dusting of paprika and chopped chives.
Looking for more yummy holiday sides?