Hi everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful, blessed holiday season. I don’t know about you, but I am exhausted! I am ready to curl up in my pajamas and take a break, but who’s kidding, do Mom’s ever get a break?
I don’t know how cold it is where you are, but here in Texas it has been quite chilly. All I can think about is soup, and that is why I am sharing my Hamburger Veggie Soup Recipe with you today. This soup is comforting and delicious on a cold winter’s evening. I hope you and your family will enjoy a bowl at your dinner table this season. I know you are ready for the recipe, so let’s get cooking!
Hamburger Veggie Soup Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 green onions, finely chopped, including the green parts
- 2 large garlic cloves or 4 small garlic cloves, minced
- additional salt and pepper for browning the ground beef
- 9 cups of vegetable or chicken broth (low sodium)
- 5 cups cubed potatoes, about 5 small potatoes
- 2 cups sweet petite baby carrots
- 2 cups fresh French green beans (cut into 3 sections, bite size pieces)
- 2 celery stalks (cut crosswise into 3 sections)
- 1- 6 oz tomato paste
- ½ tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tsp garlic and herb seasoning (I use McCormick)
- 1 tsp Tony's Chachere's creole seasoning (or to taste)
- 12 oz package frozen sweet corn
- In a sauté pan add ground beef and partial brown.
- Add finely chopped green onions, minced garlic, and additional salt and ground pepper to the ground beef and finishing browning until no longer pink.
- Spoon grease from meat if needed and then set aside.
- Then, in a large stock pot combine broth, diced potatoes, baby carrots, green beans, celery, tomato paste, and all seasonings. Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- When vegetables are tender, add frozen corn and hamburger meat with onions and garlic. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- I do not serve the soup immediately. Remove the soup from the heat and let it sit until cool enough to serve.
If you are looking for more soups that warm the soul, you might be interested in these! Click on the picture for the full recipe.