So I think it’s pretty apparent now, I love anything pumpkin flavored! So far this year on Cherished Bliss you can find Pumpkin Pie Toffee, Pumpkin Bread, and now this delicious Pumpkin Pie Popcorn! What else do you think we could put pumpkin in?
This popcorn is like having a Fall Festival in your mouth! Oh yes it is! I can only image eating this with some coffee by a fire! mmmmm…. Let’s just make it, you’ll see! ; )
- ¼ cup Popcorn Kernels
- ½ cup butter
- ½ brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons 100% Pure Canned Pumpkin (Libby's)
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Seasoning
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Pop your popcorn (I do it in a brown paper bag in the microwave)
- Line Cookie Sheet with Parchment Paper and spread popcorn out evenly on top
- In a saucepan bring Butter, Sugar, Canned Pumpkin, and Seasoning to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium high and boil for 2-3 minutes
- Drizzle evenly over the popcorn (you may not need all of it)
- Toss popcorn with tongs to evenly coat
- Place cookie sheet in oven for 2-5 minutes watching carefully so it doesn't burn
- Remove from oven and place it in a bowl for serving
Just a few Notes: Try to pick out as many kernels that didn’t pop as possible. When drizzling over the popcorn you might not need all the sauce that is made, cover to your liking. Also, when it is in the oven watch it closely! All ovens are different and it can burn quickly! You can use packaged popcorn if you like, but I would use some with NO butter or seasoning as it might alter the taste.
To make the Popcorn: Just put your kernels in a small paper bag, fold over the top a few times, and place in microwave. Cook it just like you would the packaged popcorn, but listen to the popping. When it stops popping for 2 full seconds it is time to take it out.
Now you just have to enjoy it!
If you think this looks delicious, be sure and check out my Pumpkin Pie Toffee