- 4 TBS butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of sugar (I used sugar in the raw)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- First preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Then beat butter, sugar, baking powder, salt, pumpkin spice, vanilla, and pumpkin. Combine until all ingredients are smooth and creamy.
- Next, add eggs and beat well.
- Then add flour and stir until combined well. Dough will be sticky.
- Then gently stir in white chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Divide the dough in half and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave enough space between the loaves for spreading as they bake.
- Moisten hands with a little water and form dough into loaves about 7 inches X 2 inches and approximately 3/4 inches thick. Smooth out tops and edges.
- Bake dough for 25-30 minutes, when the center is firm to the touch.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees.
- Remove the loaves and the parchment paper to a cutting surface and let loaves cool for 5 minutes.
- With a serrated knife cut 1/2 inch diagonal slices, working from side to side.
- Place cut biscotti’s on baking sheet covered with parchment paper and cook for an additional 35 to 40 minutes, until they feel dry and golden brown. The centers may be a little soft, but they will harden as they cool. Remember to reduce your heat to 325 degrees and turn biscotti’s half way through.
- Remove biscotti’s from the baking sheet and allow them to completely cool before storing in an air tight container.