- 1 can of low sodium 15oz garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 red pepper
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed for a milder flavor
- 3 tomatillos
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 TBSP tahini paste
- 2 TBSP fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- olive oil
- First preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the red pepper, jalapeno, tomatillos in quarters and peel the garlic cloves.
- In a small baking dish (I used a pie plate) coat red pepper, jalapeno, garlic and tomatillos evenly in olive oil. Place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Now place the roasted red pepper, jalapeno, tomatillos, and garlic in a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse until smooth. Best served chilled. (in my opinion)
- Serve with veggies, crackers, pita bread, or pretzels chips.