Thanksgiving is a time to awe family and friends with your cooking skills and these Sauteed French Green Beans are sure to impress at any holiday gathering. This recipe brings a fresh, healthy twist on your traditional green bean side and the toasted almonds add the perfect touch. I hope you and your family will enjoy this amazing vegetable side at your table soon because this recipe is quite delicious. I know you are ready for the recipe so let’s get started!
Sauteed French Green Beans with Toasted AlmondsPrint
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 16 oz Fresh French Green Beans, rinsed
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds (recipe below)
- In a large saute pan (I used an iron skillet) warm butter and olive oil over medium heat, just until butter is melted.
- Add green beans and sliced shallots.
- Next, add balsamic vinegar and seasonings.
- Toss green beans with tongs until all seasonings are evenly distributed.
- Adjust heat as needed from medium to medium low and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add 2 TBSP of broth and toss green beans.
- Cover and cook until desired tenderness is reached, tossing and adding broth as needed to ensure the green beans do not scorch.
- Once done place green beans in a serving dish and garnish with toasted almonds.
How to toast the almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place almonds on a baking sheet covered with foil or parchment paper.
- Mist almonds with cooking oil and toss to coat.
- Toast for 10 – 15 minutes or until golden, stirring half way through.
I cover and cook my green beans for about 15-20 minutes, tossing and adding broth as needed. Then I turn off heat and leave the cover on for an additional 5-10 minutes. This method provides the perfect tenderness for the green beans that my family prefers. Double recipe if needed.
Looking for more Thanksgiving meal ideas? We have teamed up with over 25 bloggers to give you a full Thanksgiving menu!
Maple – Glazed Turkey with Bacon and Sage | Five Heart Home
Turkey Tetrazzini w/ Mushrooms and Kale | The Fountain Ave Kitchen
Orange Balsamic Glazed Ham | Cherished Bliss
Turkey Soup | Carmel Moments
Cranberry Stuffed Turkey | Thoughts from Alice
Cauliflower Gratin | Love Grows Wild
Creamy Cheese Corn Casserole | Five Heart Home
Cranberry Citrus Salad with Goat Cheese and Pecans | Delightful E Made
Sautéed French Green Beans | Cherished Bliss
Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie | Cooking with Curls
Apple Pie Waffles | Club Narwhal
Raspberry Pie | Dessert Now Dinner Later
Triple Layer Chocolate Pie | I Should be Mopping the Floor
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pie | Lemon Tree Dwelling
No Bake Brown Sugar Cheesecake w/ Spiced Pears | Baking a Moment
Nutella Kahlua Truffles | Kleinworth & Co
Pumpkin Cupcakes & Maple Cream Cheese Frosting | Cupcake Diaries
Cream Filled Coffee Cake | Tastes of Lizzy T
Cranberry Orange Mulled Wine | Wine and Glue
Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake | Maison De Pax