This post contains affiliate links to products I 100% recommend.
Ahhh, fall is here and fresh air has finally arrived! This is the season to open up windows and let the cool air blow in and refresh all your senses. While fall mornings can start out rather chilly, nothing will warm you and your family up like Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal. This recipe can be easily prepared the night before and all will be awakened by the amazing smell of cooked apples and spices. Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal is perfect for those crazy, busy mornings when there is no time to prepare a nutritious breakfast.
Ready for the goodness?!Print
Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal
Apple Spice Oatmeal
- shortening, I use Spectrum Organic Shortening
- 2 cups old fashion oats
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 2 granny smith apples, diced (I leave the peel on for added nutrients)
- 1 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups of pecan pieces
- cooking spray, I use a Misto Brushed Aluminum Olive Oil Sprayer
Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Grease the entire slow cooker insert with a light covering of shortening or non stick spray.
- Next add oats, water, half & half, diced apples, apple pie spice, vanilla extract, and brown sugar.
- Stir to combine all flavors.
- Cover and set the slow cooker on warm for 8 hours.
- Once oatmeal is done garnish with toasted pecans and an extra sprinkle of spice and sugar!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly spread out the pecan pieces.
- Mist with cooking spray (or melted butter) and toss to coat.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring half way through (cooking time may vary).
Once the oatmeal is ready to serve, garnish with toasted pecans and an extra sprinkle of spice and sugar if desired, enjoy!
Looking for more apple recipes? You may be interested in these!
Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking says
This looks delicious! It’s hard to resist apple pie for breakfast! I’ve never tried oatmeal in my slow cooker…I’ll have to give it a try!
This recipe sounds so delicious. I was looking for something for the kiddos besides cereal and milk every morning. Besides, I’m out of milk, but I just happen to have half and half, and everything else the recipe called for. I have a confession, I added Saigon Cinnamon (just because I LOVE cinnamon and it goes with apples!) and a bit of Pure Maple Syrup. I just turned on the crock pot, can’t wait to awaken to the heavenly smell of cinnamon, apples, and oatmeal waiting to be enjoyed on a cool, “almost fall” morning! Thank you for your post and awesome site!
Sounds awesome! I’m on an oatmeal kick too! Thanks for the recipe. Sharing on Fb. Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday! Hope to see ya next week!
Yum! I would make this for a dessert…lol. Sound delicious. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday. Pinned and will be featuring this in an apple roundup.
Very nice blog and articles. I am really very happy to visit your blog. Now I am found which I actually want.