This post contains affiliate links to products I 100% recommend.
Ahhh, fall is here and fresh air has finally arrived! This is the season to open up windows and let the cool air blow in and refresh all your senses. While fall mornings can start out rather chilly, nothing will warm you and your family up like Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal. This recipe can be easily prepared the night before and all will be awakened by the amazing smell of cooked apples and spices. Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal is perfect for those crazy, busy mornings when there is no time to prepare a nutritious breakfast.
Ready for the goodness?!
- shortening, I use Spectrum Organic Shortening
- 2 cups old fashion oats
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup half & half
- 2 granny smith apples, diced (I leave the peel on for added nutrients)
- 1½ tsp apple pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups of pecan pieces
- cooking spray, I use a Misto Brushed Aluminum Olive Oil Sprayer
- Grease the entire slow cooker insert with a light covering of shortening or non stick spray.
- Next add oats, water, half & half, diced apples, apple pie spice, vanilla extract, and brown sugar.
- Stir to combine all flavors.
- Cover and set the slow cooker on warm for 8 hours.
- Once oatmeal is done garnish with toasted pecans and an extra sprinkle of spice and sugar!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly spread out the pecan pieces.
- Mist with cooking spray (or melted butter) and toss to coat.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring half way through (cooking time may vary).
Once the oatmeal is ready to serve, garnish with toasted pecans and an extra sprinkle of spice and sugar if desired, enjoy!
Looking for more apple recipes? You may be interested in these!