Seasoned Taco Meat Ingredients:
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 3 green onions, finely chopped including the green parts
- 2 TBSP finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 1/2 of a large avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, loosely packed
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1 TBSP chopped shallots
- 1/2 of small/medium jalapeno, seeded and ribs removed
- the juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper (or to taste)
- 3 Romaine Hearts (washed, dried, and chopped)
- Warm Black Bean and Corn Salsa, click here for the recipe
- colby jack cheese
- cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- Tortilla Chips
How to prepare the Ground Beef
- In a large saute pan partially brown ground beef over medium heat.
- Add green onions, finely chopped cilantro, and all seasonings.
- Combine all flavors and finish browning.
- Remove excess grease with a spoon if needed.
How to prepare the Creamy Avocado Dressing
- In a blender combine avocado, cilantro, yogurt, olive oil, garlic cloves, shallots, jalapeno, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
How to layer your Taco Salad
- Start with a layer of crushed Tortilla Chips.
- Then add chopped romaine hearts
- Top salad with seasoned ground beef and warm black bean and corn salad.
- Garnish with colby jack cheese, cherry tomatoes, and sliced black olives
- Last but not least, dollop a big spoonful of Creamy Avocado Dressing onto the top of your salad.