- pizza dough
- olive oil
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- pizza toppings
- First, you want to start out with fresh pizza dough and if you don’t have a recipe no worries, click here for my 10 minute pizza dough recipe!
- Next, preheat your grill on medium high heat.
- Once you have rolled out your pizza dough, place it on a piece of foil. I find working with small pizzas work better for me than working with a huge 16 inch pizza. I use approximately 10 inch pizzas when creating homemade grilled pizza.
- Next, place pizza dough on the grill and cook for about 3-5 minutes. This stabilizes the crust for toppings and also gives a more evenly cooked crust.
- Then remove the dough from the grill and flip the dough over; keep it on the foil. Brush the pre-baked pizza dough with olive oil.
- Now you may top your pizza with sauce, cheese, and a variety of yummy toppings!
- Place the pizza back on the grill and cover the lid.
- It doesn’t take long so stay close to the grill and check on the pizza often.
- Once the crust is stable remove the foil and cook the pizza directly over the grill rack. Using a flat stainless steel grill spatula is helpful when removing the foil.
- Remove pizza from the grill with tongs.
- Slice and enjoy!