A quick and easy way to get that fairground kettle corn taste right at home!
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 1/2 TBS sugar
- 1 1/2 TBS brown sugar
- 3 1/2 TBS vegetable oil
- Mix your popcorn kernels, sugar, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Make sure the brown sugar does not have any clumps
- stir until mixed well
- Add vegetable oil
- Stir until all blended (refer to photo)
- Pour mixture into a paper lunch sack (the kind you buy at the grocery store
- Fold the top closed and put on a plate on it’s side (the wide flat side) – please note the oil will leak through so you will definitely want the plate!
- Slide the plate (with popcorn bag on top of it) from side to side to level out all the popcorn kernels
- Microwave approx 2 min.
Cook time will vary. I follow the general rule, once you don’t hear a pop for 2 seconds, it’s time to take it out.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins