- Any bread of your choice. Start with 8 slices of loaf bread or use leftover bread pieces.
- extra virgin olive oil or butter (about 3-4 TBS, add more if needed)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (or to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 1–2 TBPS grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- When working with leftover bread pieces, tear bread into bite size pieces. If you do not have any leftover bread. Start with 6 slices of any bread and cut bread into cubes, if you are using bread slices you can cut the crust off if you prefer. In a large mixing bowl add bread cubes and drizzle olive oil or melted butter over bread cubes.
- Then add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss bread cubes with tongs until evenly coated. Taste a bread cube and make sure it is seasoned to your taste! Add more seasoning as needed.
- Place bread cubes on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and cook for about 20 minutes or until crispy, dry and golden brown (cooking time may vary). Stir croutons half way through cooking.
- Enjoy these croutons on top of your favorite salad, soup, or enjoy as an individual snack.