This Apple Pie Chia Pudding recipe is simple, yet delicious, and the perfect treat to give you a healthy alternative to those holiday cravings.
- 1 cup Almond Milk (store bought or homemade)
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce (store bought or homemade)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, divided
- 1 Apple, diced
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
In a large mason jar whisk together all the ingredients for the pudding. Put a lid on the mason jar and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Preferably let it sit overnight.
- Heat Coconut Oil over medium heat in an iron skillet
- Add apple and stir until coated in oil
- Cook covered for 5 minutes
- Stir in Honey and Cinnamon, cover and let cook until desired tenderness is reached
If using homemade my homemade almond milk recipe you may need to adjust the amount of vanilla in the chia pudding recipe, or make the almond milk without vanilla.
If you want to refrigerate the apple compote, I also suggest adding a little lemon juice to the apples while cooking.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 the recipe
Keywords: Pudding, Gluten Free, Diary Free, Paleo