Makes one delicious and moist loaf.
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (can easily be reduced to 3/4 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashion oats or quick oats
- 1 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Then add eggs one at a time.
- Next add vanilla.
- In a small mixing bowl combine cinnamon, baking soda, salt, flour, and oats.
- Alternate the dry ingredients and Greek yogurt mixing together all ingredients until you have a thick, creamy batter.
- Finally gently fold in your blueberries.
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan, smooth out top and sprinkle lightly with oats. Bake for 65-75 minutes or until done. Cool for 20 minutes in the pan, remove from pan, then allow to cool completely.
Tip- if using frozen blueberries give them a good rinse before folding them in the batter. This prevents the batter from turning blue.