- 1.5 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 heaping TBSP fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 – 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano or 1 TBS fresh chopped oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBS fresh lime juice
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (optional, for more spice)
- A small handful of shallots or a small sweet onion
- 10–12 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- First, slice chicken breast in thin slices.
- Then in a medium size mixing bowl add chicken, cilantro, olive oil, all seasonings, and lime juice.
- Toss the chicken and seasoning with tongs until evenly mixed.
- Now thinly slice the green pepper, red pepper, jalapeño, and onion and place in skillet.
- Next, add seasoned chicken slices to the skillet and toss with tongs until evenly mixed.
- Look at all this goodness, now it is ready for the oven!
- Cook at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Then place under broil for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with warm tortillas, fresh sliced avacods, pico de gallo, and a dollop of sour cream.