I don’t know about you, but I am always on the look out for fast, real food meals. I do love to cook, but I have my days were I need to cook something fast and healthy. This meal can be easily be prepared in a short amount of time, so you can get dinner on the table, food in tummies, and smiles on faces. Oven Chicken Fajitas are a quick one skillet meal your family will love. So without further ado here is the recipe…Print
Oven Prepared Chicken Fajitas
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1.5 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 heaping TBSP fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 – 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano or 1 TBS fresh chopped oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBS fresh lime juice
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (optional, for more spice)
- A small handful of shallots or a small sweet onion
- 10–12 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- First, slice chicken breast in thin slices.
- Then in a medium size mixing bowl add chicken, cilantro, olive oil, all seasonings, and lime juice.
- Toss the chicken and seasoning with tongs until evenly mixed.
- Now thinly slice the green pepper, red pepper, jalapeño, and onion and place in skillet.
- Next, add seasoned chicken slices to the skillet and toss with tongs until evenly mixed.
- Look at all this goodness, now it is ready for the oven!
- Cook at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Then place under broil for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with warm tortillas, fresh sliced avacods, pico de gallo, and a dollop of sour cream.
If you are looking for more easy family meals check out these recipes! Click on the picture for the full recipe!
Yummy! I’m loving your recipes!! With it being winter, it is too cold to grill. Thanks for the recipe!! Can’t wait to try it!!
Thank you, Crystal! If you ever try any recipes please let us know what you think :)
Bonnie @ Uncommon Designs says
This dish looks perfect for my family Audra. Love that it is oven prepared! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, Bonnie :) Wishing you a wonderful week!