Brrrr, it has been very cold across most of the U.S., so today I have a recipe that will quickly warm you up, Quick Turkey Chili. Don’t you just love recipes with quick in the title? I do love how easy and fast this recipe can be prepared. You even have time to whip up a pan of cornbread while this chili is simmering to perfection. This chili has a little spice, but it can easily be adjusted to your liking. I know you are ready for me to share this goodness, so let’s get started!
A Quick Turkey Chili Recipe
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 green onions, finely chopped, including the green part
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper (or to taste), add less for mild spice
- 1 cup of beer ( I used Heineken)
- 2 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 15oz canned black beans, low sodium
- a dollop sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- diced avocados
- shredded cheese
- In a stock pot partially brown ground turkey over medium heat. Drain all excess fat and reserve a tablespoon or so, just enough for the meat not to be dry.
- Add minced garlic and chopped green onion and finish sautéing until turkey is nicely browned.
- Next, add tomato paste and all seasonings. Combine well ensuring everything is mixed in. Doesn’t that smell so good?!
- Now add beer, vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, and black beans.
- Stir to evenly distribute all flavors, cover, and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches or cornbread. Garnish chili with sour cream, chopped cilantro, shredded colby jack cheese, and diced avocados.
Enjoy your meal, and stay warm! : )
If you are looking for more meals to warm you up these might interest you!