This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Schlage. All opinions are 100% mine.
When remodeling a home everyone gets really excited about redoing all the fun spaces, like kitchens and bathrooms. However those are often the most time consuming and expensive parts to a house. Today’s post isn’t some big giant grand project, but it’s an important and often overlooked one – exterior doors. And you won’t believe the difference it makes for the outside of your home! Our back door was in pretty rough shape, but we finally got that replaced and added our very own Schlage Encode™ Smart WiFi Deadbolt. Let’s talk about this some more!
The Convenience of Keyless Entry
It feels as though recently lots of changes have been happening around our home. Our oldest child has officially started middle school and we are slowly navigating the waters of giving our kids independence. I mean for the last decade I have spent every waking moment being there for every single part of my kid’s lives. But I’m having to adapt. So, let’s jump right into my favorite aspect of this new lock. I have two words for you! Keyless.Entry. It is so nice to not have to give my son a key to get into our home. I know it might seem a little scary to give him a code, but with the Schlage Encode™ Smart WiFi Deadbolt you can actually create multiple codes that can be changed. So, say for example he lets it slip to somebody you don’t want knowing the code to your house, just change it with the press of a few buttons on your phone!
Manage Locks from Your Phone
The deadbolt is easy to install, and with a quick connection to in-home WiFi, it’s even more convenient for homeowners to have secure, remote access control. When we installed our deadbolt (and matching handle), I set everything up through the Schlage Home App on my iPhone. This allows me to give each individual member of our family their own unique code. And I can also set notifications on my phone to let me know who is using their codes. This is great to know when kids get dropped off. Not to mention the ease of looking on your phone to remember if you locked your doors. How many times have you turned around for that scenario??
Use Amazon Alexa to Operate your Locks
Did you ever wish you could just say out loud “lock my back door” and it would actually happen? As weird as that is, you can actually do that now with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. This deadbolt is also compatible with Ring Video Doorbell. Say for example you have a dog walker coming by, you can verify that it’s them at the door and open the lock all from your phone!
Peace of Mind with Home Security
We’ve talked about some of the features, and there’s so many more! (Make sure and check out their website here for all the information)
But let’s talk about how this just adds a peace of mind when you are traveling, have family visiting, dog walkers, babysitters, I mean the list goes on! I just really enjoy having the extra security in this day and age with 3 young kids at home!
Choosing Style AND Function for Home Security
As somebody who decorates and styles things for a living, I’ll be honest, it has to be pretty! I try not to buy things I don’t need, and what I do need, I need to fit our home! This just goes back to wanting to make intentional decisions. But when you don’t have to sacrifice style for function, it’s just a win-win for everyone! We ended up going with the Camelot Trim in Aged Bronze.
FAQ’s about the Schlage Encode™ Smart WiFi Deadbolt
- What do you need for the Schlage Encode™ Smart WiFi Deadbolt to work?
- All you will need is the lock, in-home WiFi and the Key by Amazon app or the Schlage Home App!
- Will I receive push notifications from the Schlage Encode™ Smart WiFi Deadbolt when I’m away from my home?
- Yes. The Schlage Encode™ Smart WiFi Deadbolt provides customizable notifications when someone accesses the lock. Just make sure you have the lock paired with your in-home WiFi network and the Key by Amazon or Schlage Home App.
- What kind of batteries are needed for the Schlage Encode™ and how can you manage the lock if the batteries die?
- It takes 4 AA batteries, but does provide advanced notice for low battery life. And of course a physical backup key is provided.
- What happens if someone steals your phone or you lose your phone? Can they unlock your lock?
- Your phone must be unlocked in order to use it to operate your door. So it’s strongly recommend that smartphone users use a passcode or biometric identification feature on their phone to keep everything secure!
- Does the Schlage Encode™Smart WiFi Deadbolt auto-lock after a certain period of time?
- The Schlage Encode™ Smart WiFi Deadbolt allows you to configure an automatic re-lock, with time periods available from 15 seconds up to four minutes.