Hello all, today I am sharing a healthy recipe that I personal adore and cannot get enough of, Fresh Spring Rolls. I love how light and delicious these fresh spring rolls are to eat. To top it off, I have a wonderful spicy carrot ginger sauce to compliment all this goodness. When the weather starts to warm up it is nice to have light, but stratifying recipes and this one definitely fits that category. I know you are ready for the recipe, so let’g get wrapping!
If you have never made fresh spring rolls, you are not going to believe how easy they are to make. When you first open your spring roll skins notice they are firm, so we need to soften them with water to make them pliable. When I first made these I was a little surprised myself too! A 9 inch pie plate works perfect for softening the spring roll skins. Fill a pie plate with warm water, I use very warm tap water. Then you are going to roll the skin in water until it is pliable.
Then lay your skin on a clean working surface and add a butter lettuce leaf, rice vermicelli, red peppers, cucumbers, carrots, chopped cabbage, sliced radishes, and chopped cilantro. You may use any filling you desire, but this is what I like in my fresh spring rolls. Next, we are going to tuck and roll once and then fold in each side. Then tuck and roll again until have a finished fresh spring roll ready to be dipped in yummy spicy carrot ginger sauce!Print
Fresh Spring Rolls
- butter lettuce leaves
- rice vermicelli, cooked
- red peppers
- chopped cabbage, purple and green
- radishes, sliced
- cilantro, finely chopped
- Spring Roll Skins
For the Spicy Carrot Ginger Sauce
- 1 cup of petite sweet carrots
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated finely
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 red pepper flakes, or to taste
- First prepare all vegetables before assembling.
- Cut red peppers, cucumbers, and carrots in a matchstick form.
- Chop cabbage and finely chop cilantro.
- Cook rice vermicelli according to the directions.
How to soften Spring Roll Skins
- Fill a 9 inch pie plate with warm water, I use hot tap water.
- Then roll the skin in water until it is pliable.
- Then lay your spring roll skin on a clean working surface.
- Add a butter lettuce leaf, rice vermicelli, red peppers, cucumbers, carrots, chopped cabbage, sliced radishes, and chopped cilantro.
- Next, tuck and roll once and then fold in each side.
- Then tuck and roll again until have a finished fresh spring roll ready to be dipped in yummy spicy carrot ginger sauce!
- Lay finished spring rolls on wax paper for easy removal.
For the Spicy Carrot Ginger Sauce
- In a small saute pan add the carrots and water.
- Bring carrots to a simmer and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a blender add carrots (including the water they cooked in), rice vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, fresh grated ginger, salt and pepper, and sugar.
- Blend until well combined.
- Pour in a serving a dish and stir in 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes. Allow the sauce to completely cool, then place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Serve with Fresh Spring Rolls and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe you might be interested in these yummy oven baked egg rolls!
Becca from It's Yummi! says
Ohmigerrrd, Audra! These look SO pretty, I might have a hard time eating them. Wait, that’s a bald faced lie… pass the plate! :)
Thank you so much, Becca! You are too funny ;)
Audra these look FABULOUS !!
I’d loooooooooove to eat them.
Winnie, you are too kind ;) Thank you for stopping by and pinning!
Cher @ Designs by Studio C says
The spring rolls would be the perfect addition to the weekly “sushi night” my daughter and I have!
Thank you, Cher! I think these spring rolls would compliment sushi very well :)
Yum this looks really good and would make a great meatless meal option. Love foods wrapped in its own package…makes it easier to eat. Pinned.
Yes, these are a wonderful meatless meal option and especially for lunch! Thank you for stopping by :)
Jennifer Johnson says
These look fantastic!
Katherines Corner says
well, there you go…..now I’m hungry and craving these yummy spring rolls and egg rolls. I love the lettuce wrap in lew of seaweed, yum! hugs p.s. I invite you to share your lovely blog at the TFT link party
Fresh spring rolls is the best sushi place in town. Every time I go there, it’s always so refreshing and delicious. My friends absolutely love it too!
friday night funkin says
Hello, I enjoyed your blog. I agree with your article. Thank you
danny king says
here are list of films watch on Netflix torrentcue