This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Frigidaire and Lowe’s. All opinions are 100% my own.
I recently shared my Industrial Farmhouse Kitchen, and today I’m here to share with you how I’m putting my new Frigidaire Professional Appliances to good use. As a mom of three, dinner time often turns into a mad dash from the pantry, to the stove, and then placing a plate with some kind of food that I somehow managed to produce. It’s easy for me to get caught up in the daily checklist and then meal times seem to fade into the background.
The last few weeks I have renewed my love for cooking and been enjoying the benefits of my new Frigidaire Professional Gas Range. One of the first things I wanted to do was use an iron skillet. Today I’m going to share my recipe for this Iron Skillet Seared Salmon with a Creamy Leek Sauce.
This meal provided our family a high quality taste without spending hours in the kitchen. Fish can be intimidating, but it cooks quickly and easily! With this particular recipe I seared the top of the fish with the high heat of the PowerPlus burner on my range (skin side up) before baking it in order to obtain that juicy flavor.
After I seared the salmon, I added the seasonings and let it cook another minute. Then I transferred the iron skillet to the convection oven to continue baking the fish, giving it a beautiful texture.
I wanted to roast asparagus while the salmon was cooking so I used the PowerPlus Convection setting on the Frigidaire Professional Range to allow everything to cook more evenly! The results were fantastic, and everything was cooked to perfection!
So when I’m in a pinch for time, but still want to eat a delicious home cooked meal, this Iron Skillet Seared Salmon Recipe is a new family favorite! I served this alongside the roasted asparagus and creamy leek sauce, which is the perfect accent for this recipe! The Frigidaire Professional Blender was able to get this sauce smooth in a matter of seconds! I will definitely be making smoothies with this in the near future.Print
Iron Skillet Seared Salmon
- Iron Skillet
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Leeks (white and light green parts) sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Fresh Chives
- Fresh Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (425 degrees with convection)
- Cut Salmon filets to 2″-3″
- Melt butter over medium hight heat in an iron skillet and place fish in the skillet with skin side down into the iron skillet. Let the fish sear for about 1 minute.
- Carefully flip and while the skin side sears for an additional minute, add your salt, pepper, Oregano, and Thyme.
- Transfer to preheated convection oven, bake for approximately 7 minutes or until fish is thoroughly cooked and flaking with a fork.
Creamy Leek Sauce
- Frigidaire Professional Blender
- Cut leeks into 1/2” slices. Rinse and drain thoroughly.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium low heat. Add leeks, increase heat to medium and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add Lemon Juice and Chicken broth and simmer until leeks are tender. About 5 minutes
- Add whipping cream, chives, and thyme and simmer an addition 1-2 minutes.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to Frigidaire Professional Blender, and pulse until smooth.
- Serve on side of Salmon for easy dipping
Convection oven require a lower temperature, for this recipe cook at 425 if using a convection oven.
Serve and enjoy your Iron Skillet Seared Salmon!
GiGi Eats says
I don’t think I have drooled over a recipe more before in my life!!
3 Over 4 Chest of Drawers says
Congratulations and Thank you for sharing this lovely Iron Skillet Seared Salmon recipe!
PUNIT PATEL says
Spaparlour in Kolkata visit Spaparlour
We make these quesadillas all the time. It’s the meal we make when we can’t think of anything else to eat. We always use ranch, but I bet BBQ sauce is good. We’ll have to try that next!persian recipes
Hares Werev says
It is remarkably hard to escape from exceptional love. Moreover, you can basically discover such love on a dating site. This will permit you to be a https://toplatinwomen.com/ convincing and loved person. I figure it will be eminent for you to chat with the young people whom you will be enthused about. Illuminate me with respect to your inclinations and exceptional love
Absolutely love these chicken Tinga tacos!! I easily doubled the recipe by using a whole rotisserie chicken. I love these left overs; they have a deeper flavor! Definitely will make again!ash jo
When I applied for internet banking, I supplied my phone number. However, nothing has changed in my account. My e-banking account was temporarily frozen, and I needed to change my password.Overseas Indian Bank My mobile edutec.in number is being updated, and online banking is enabled on my account. When I applied for internet banking, I supplied my phone number. However, nothing has changed in my account. My e-banking account was temporarily frozen, and I needed to change my password. Overseas Indian Bank My mobile number is being updated, and online banking is enabled on my account.