Well… here is my post from last week’s theme: Make Believe
Make sure and head over to vote this week here!
Make Believe. This is such a fun theme, especially having kids. EVERYTHING is make believe when you have kids. Couch cushions become a tent, food becomes missles, it’s really rather crazy what comes up in kids heads. My son is super big on super hero dress up, capes, anything he can put on and take of really fast. He also loves to swim in his little pool in the backyard and run through my house soaking wet. So I decided to create a “fun” towel for him that he might actually use!
All you have to do is get a towel or some terry cloth and cut it the proper length so when draped over your kid’s head it falls right below the knees in the front and back… if you use a towel you already have, you shouldn’t need to cut it.
1. you will cut a slit in the middle of the towel for the “head hole” I would measure your kids head to see how big you need it.
2. Next I sewed some bias tape around the unfinished edges… if you are using fabric terrycloth that you cut yourself, I also sewed bias tape around all my unfinished edges.
3. Next you will need to cut out the triangles for the hood. It would be best to measure the circumference of your kid’s head and add a few inches to figure out the size of your triangle. You will also need to cut another triangle out and add 2.5 inches to the bottom of it. So you will have pieces that look like this.
5. Stack the triangles on top of each otherr, right sides together, insert the ears ( on the inside of the triangle sandwich ) Sew down the two angled sides, making sure to get your ears in there.. I back stitched alot on this project : )
So when you’re done with that it will look like this.
4. Next I sewed some snaps on the bottom of the triangle portion and around the head hole in the main body party of the towel so you can connect them : ) Just make sure they line up : )
And there you have it… a puppy dog towel. If you want you can add the pawprint pockets that I never made
: ( and if you have an embroidery machine I totally would have put “WOOF” on the hat party right above the face!