This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Nestlé® Pure Life® Purified Water
There is something to be said about mothers. We all have one. We grew in her womb. A mother’s wisdom is like no others! How many times do we look back and say “oh, that’s what my mother meant”. Then we have our own children and call our mother’s apologizing for all those things we thought she was wrong about. Guilty! A mother’s wisdom is special. It can only be heard through a mother’s lips, and it stays with us forever.
My mother has always been my best friend. She taught me to laugh. If I could tell you the number of times we have peed our pants from laughing so hard… well, let’s just say it would be embarrassing. Apparently the number one thing my mom taught me was to run from camera’s (ok, not really) but I can barely find pictures of either of us.. much less together. The picture above is a cherished picture. It is my mom holding my only daughter. Aren’t they beautiful?
On a real note, something my mother always instilled into us was if we are going to let someone borrow something from us, give it with an open heart, and do not expect it back as to never harbor ill feelings towards someone. This has stuck with me all through life. I am a firm believer of never going to bed angry at someone. So if you don’t expect something back, you have no reason to stay angry. It makes for a happier life : )
My mom always taught me to carry water wherever I go. Our family is well.. overly paranoid… umm.. let’s go with prepared, but keeping kids hydrated is quite important in this family! You never know if your car will break down and you need water, someone might get too hot, maybe the kids are screaming for a drink (happens all the time). Granted we spent most of our lives in Texas where you should keep water on hands because you could likely dehydrate IMMEDIATELY stepping outside. But now that I am a mom… I take water wherever I go. If we go to the park… I have water. If we are planning to be out and about all day…. I keep water in the car. Most of the time we drink it too! Especially now that I’m pregnant. I feel like I’ve got a bottle of water stuck to my mouth. I’m always very anemic when I’m pregnant so I crave super cold water all day!
That’s why Nestlé® Pure Life® wants to help you share some wisdom on how to stay hydrated this summer. Stop by and visit the Nestlé® Pure Life® Facebook page to become a fan to receive more words of wisdom and tips to stay hydrated. Since wisdom is best when shared, please share your mom’s/grandma’s/great grandma’s words of wisdom with Nestlé® Pure Life®!
– Did you know that 60% of an adult body is water? Keep it well hydrated by drinking enough water!
– In addition to drinking plain water every day, eating foods with high moisture content—such as fruits and vegetables—could be a good way to increase total water consumption. Water constitutes 90% of most fruits and vegetables and about 50% of meats.
– Drink water instead of sugary drinks when you’re thirsty. Regular soda, energy or sports drinks, and other sweet drinks usually contain added sugar. To manage your daily calorie intake, sip water or other drinks with few or no calories.
– Drink water with and between your meals. Adults and children take in about 400 calories per day as beverages—drinking water can help you manage your calorie intakes.
– Water is a great choice when it comes to daily hydration. Have ready-to-go containers filled with water available in the refrigerator. Place them in lunch boxes or backpacks for easy access when kids are away from home.
So what words of wisdom has your mom shared with you throughout the years? Be sure and let others know by sharing on Nestlé® Pure Life® Facebook page!