Well April definitely has brought showers, and so has May so far. We are just finally starting to see a few things bloom here and there which has me so hopeful and excited as we approach the beautiful Wisconsin Summer! Something my kids absolutely LOVE to do is pick flowers. They will pick everything in our yard if I don’t keep a close eye out. : ) There is a state park close to us that is just gorgeous and the walking trails are covered in flowers. I made this little Burlap Flower Carrier for them to take on our walks and gather up as many flowers as their heart’s desire!
Burlap Flower Carrier for Kids
My kids had so much fun with this while I was photographing this. They can gather up not only flowers, but sticks and they played all kinds of adorable little games in the backyard with it! You can whip these little guys up right out in your backyard while the kids are playing. You only need a few things to get started.
– Crochet Hook (optional)
Refer to the pictures above if you are like me and need a visual : )
1. Cut your burlap to a small rectangle. The size isn’t really important. I made it based on how big my kids are : ) Then find two sticks that are just a little bit wider than your burlap.
* Tip – to get a straight edge on the burlap, pull one of the fibers out and it leaves a little space that you can follow along with your scissors while cutting.
2. If you have a crochet hook it helps to get the twine through fibers of the burlap, if you don’t you could just poke a pencil through there to make a hole for the twine to fit through.
3. Wrap one end of twine around the stick several times.
4. Then wrap the other end around twice, and tie in a bow.
5. Repeat in the middle and other end of the burlap, then repeat on the other side.
Now head out and gather some flowers, and let their imaginations run wild! You will make beautiful memories together and share in gorgeous finds!
I hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather that is at our fingertips! Looking for more BLOOMING FLOWER PROJECTS? Check out what inspires some of my friends in the collage below! You can click right on the picture to see more of that post!
Classy Clutter | Bombshell Bling | Four Marrs One Venus
That’s What Che Said | The Cards We Drew | Cherished Bliss
The Happy Housie | 52 Mantels | Sweet C’s Designs
Dimple Prints | Crazy Little Projects | Giggles Galore
Want more tips from Ashley?
Subscribe to receive home decor ideas, furniture plans, and DIY tips delivered to your inbox!