Hi everyone, I am back today with another great Mexican recipe for Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken! This is one of the easiest and most delicious ways to prepare grilled chicken. What I really like about this recipe is that it does not require a long marinade time, yet has amazing flavor. This recipe is a great way to kick of grilling season and it also goes wonderfully with The Best Mexican Rice I posted earlier this week. I hope you and your family will enjoy this meal soon. So without further ado, let’s get cooking!
Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
In a medium sized mixing bowl and add fresh cilantro, olive oil, all seasonings, and fresh lime juice, then add chicken. I use my hands, but you don’t have to, and rub the seasoned mixture over the chicken giving it a nice massage, lol! Wash your hands very well and start your grill. Once your grill is nice and hot, oil your grates. Now place the chicken breast on the grill and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, turning occasionally.
Mmmm, you can almost smell the chicken grilling…Yay, now the chicken is done, ready to be sliced and served! Don’t forget The Best Mexican Rice when serving this yummy Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken for the ultimate Mexican meal!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 heaping TBS fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano or 1 TBS fresh chopped oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBS fresh lime juice
- Mix fresh cilantro, olive oil, seasonings, and lime juice.
- Next, hand rub the mixture over the chicken. Marinate the chicken for as long as it takes to heat your grill.
- Then grill on 400 degrees (adjusting the heat as needed) until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, turning the chicken occasionally.
If you enjoy this recipe, you might be interested in these!