Just this year I have recently found a huge love for quinoa. Quinoa is full of nutrition, high in fiber, and super tasty. I adore the lightness quinoa brings to any dish. It is so fluffy and I admire the delicate rings around each grain. Quinoa is a grain that is a must try, so today I am sharing my recipe for Black Bean and Corn Quinoa Salad. This salad is best served warm and is a great compliment to any meal. I know you are ready for the recipe so let’s get started.Print
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped, seeds and ribs removed for a milder flavor
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12oz frozen sweet corn
- 15 oz Low Sodium Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3 TBPS chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 TBPS fresh lime juice
- diced avocados and lime wedges for serving
- First, cook quinoa according to the directions. I cook 1 1/2 cups of quinoa in 3 cups of vegetable broth instead of water to increase flavor.
- Heat 3 TBS of olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add red pepper, jalapeno, shallot, and garlic. Sauté over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- Then add frozen corn, black beans, salt and pepper, and all seasonings. Mix well and cook over medium heat until corn and black beans are heated thoroughly.
- In a large serving bowl add quinoa, black bean and corn salsa, chopped cilantro, and lime juice. Gently combine until all flavors are distributed evenly.
Diced avocados are wonderful with this salad. I often present the avocado on the side for individual serving.
Looking for more ways to use quinoa? Check out this recipe for Caramelized Apple and Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad, click on the picture for the full recipe!