Thanksgiving is a time to awe family and friends with your cooking skills and these Sauteed French Green Beans are sure to impress at any holiday gathering. This recipe brings a fresh, healthy twist on your traditional green bean side and the toasted almonds add the perfect touch. I hope you and your family will enjoy this amazing vegetable side at your table soon because this recipe is quite delicious. I know you are ready for the recipe so let’s get started!
Sauteed French Green Beans with Toasted Almonds
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 16 oz Fresh French Green Beans, rinsed
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp ground pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ cup low sodium vegetable broth, divided
- ¼ cup toasted almonds (recipe below)
- In a large saute pan (I used an iron skillet) warm butter and olive oil over medium heat, just until butter is melted.
- Add green beans and sliced shallots.
- Next, add balsamic vinegar and seasonings.
- Toss green beans with tongs until all seasonings are evenly distributed.
- Adjust heat as needed from medium to medium low and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add 2 TBSP of broth and toss green beans.
- Cover and cook until desired tenderness is reached, tossing and adding broth as needed to ensure the green beans do not scorch.
- Once done place green beans in a serving dish and garnish with toasted almonds.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place almonds on a baking sheet covered with foil or parchment paper.
- Mist almonds with cooking oil and toss to coat.
- Toast for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden, stirring half way through.
Looking for more Thanksgiving meal ideas? We have teamed up with over 25 bloggers to give you a full Thanksgiving menu!
Maple – Glazed Turkey with Bacon and Sage | Five Heart Home
Turkey Tetrazzini w/ Mushrooms and Kale | The Fountain Ave Kitchen
Orange Balsamic Glazed Ham | Cherished Bliss
Turkey Soup | Carmel Moments
Cranberry Stuffed Turkey | Thoughts from Alice
Cauliflower Gratin | Love Grows Wild
Creamy Cheese Corn Casserole | Five Heart Home
Cranberry Citrus Salad with Goat Cheese and Pecans | Delightful E Made
Sautéed French Green Beans | Cherished Bliss
Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie | Cooking with Curls
Apple Pie Waffles | Club Narwhal
Raspberry Pie | Dessert Now Dinner Later
Triple Layer Chocolate Pie | I Should be Mopping the Floor
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pie | Lemon Tree Dwelling
No Bake Brown Sugar Cheesecake w/ Spiced Pears | Baking a Moment
Nutella Kahlua Truffles | Kleinworth & Co
Pumpkin Cupcakes & Maple Cream Cheese Frosting | Cupcake Diaries
Cream Filled Coffee Cake | Tastes of Lizzy T
Cranberry Orange Mulled Wine | Wine and Glue
Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake | Maison De Pax
Wait, before you go!
Sign up to receive our posts so you never miss out on furniture plans, home decor ideas, and much much more!