Cheesy Garlic and Herb Mashed Potatoes are a wonderful compliment to a variety of dishes and an excellent choice for a holiday side. This savory side is a family favorite and I would love to share my recipe with you. I hope you and your family will enjoy this side at your table soon because these Cheesy Garlic and Herb Mashed Potatoes don’t last long!
Cheesy Garlic and Herb Mashed PotatoesPrint
Cheesy Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Yield: 6 1x
- 8 small potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk (add more if needed)
- 1/3 cup of butter or refined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of mild cheddar (I use red wax mild cheddar)
- 1 tsp garlic & herb seasoning (I use McCormick)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 TBSP fresh chopped chives
- Peel and rinse potatoes. If your potatoes are not the same size when peeling, cut them until they are approximately the same size so they all cook evenly.
- Add potatoes to a large stock pot and add just enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Gently boil potatoes until you are able to easily poke a fork through them.
- Then drain potatoes in a colander.
- Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl and add butter, cheese, garlic and herb, salt, pepper, and chives.
- With a potato masher, mash potatoes while slowly pouring in the milk. Add a little milk at a time. You may need more or less depending on the size of your potatoes. Stir potatoes to combine well.
If you have larger potatoes you may need to add a bit more milk, butter, cheese, and seasonings.Tip: Ever wonder how many potatoes to fix for your family or guests? Peel approximately one potato per person and you should always have enough potatoes for your dinner. I usually add a few extra potatoes for people who want seconds or leftovers.
Looking for more Thanksgiving meal ideas? We have teamed up with over 25 bloggers to give you a full Thanksgiving menu!
Maple – Glazed Turkey with Bacon and Sage | Five Heart Home
Turkey Tetrazzini w/ Mushrooms and Kale | The Fountain Ave Kitchen
Orange Balsamic Glazed Ham | Cherished Bliss
Turkey Soup | Carmel Moments
Cranberry Stuffed Turkey | Thoughts from Alice
Cauliflower Gratin | Love Grows Wild
Creamy Cheese Corn Casserole | Five Heart Home
Cranberry Citrus Salad with Goat Cheese and Pecans | Delightful E Made
Sautéed French Green Beans | Cherished Bliss
Potatoes Au Gratin | Yummy Healthy Eats
Mashed Sweet Potatoes | Live Laugh Rowe
Honey-Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes | Cooking with Ruthie
Cheesy Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes | Cherished Bliss
Harvest Grain Rolls | Heather’s French Press
Jello Salad | Your Homebased Mom
Herb and Cheese Monkey Bread | Five Heart Home
Brown Rice | Uncommon Designs
Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie | Cooking with Curls
Apple Pie Waffles | Club Narwhal
Raspberry Pie | Dessert Now Dinner Later
Triple Layer Chocolate Pie | I Should be Mopping the Floor
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pie | Lemon Tree Dwelling
No Bake Brown Sugar Cheesecake w/ Spiced Pears | Baking a Moment
Nutella Kahlua Truffles | Kleinworth & Co
Pumpkin Cupcakes & Maple Cream Cheese Frosting | Cupcake Diaries
Cream Filled Coffee Cake | Tastes of Lizzy T
Cranberry Orange Mulled Wine | Wine and Glue
Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake | Maison De Pax
Emily Smith // The Best of this Life says
Yum! Just in time for the holidays and cool weather – I love mashed potatoes!
Me too, a true comfort food! Thank you for stopping by :)
Maryann @ Domestically Speaking says
Oh my – I adore mashed potatoes. Pinned ~ can’t wait to try them!
Thank you, Maryann! I hope you enjoy the recipe :)
Melanie @ Carmel Moments says
I’m definitely in the mood for mashed potatoes now. They look wonderful!
Thank you for the kind comment :) Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
I love garlic mashed potatoes, but never thought to add cheese. Yummy! Thanks so much for the recipe!!
You are very welcome! Thank you for stopping by :)
heather @french press says
the perfect side on Thanksgiving!
Thanks Heather! We are HUGE mashed potato fans!!
Barbara at Mantel and Table says
Oh those look (and sound) fabulous! Thanks for the great recipe, Ashley – I’m definitely going to try it this season!????
Sounds so yummy! Pinning.