Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.
I’ve posted on Facebook several times recently that I am having a hard time getting my youngest to eat. He just doesn’t seem to be interested in food and it’s driving me nuts. He will eat snacky food all day long, but when it comes to actual meals he just shakes his head no. I’ve been testing out ways to sneak veggies into the few foods that he does like and until this I have yet to succeed. I have managed to get cauliflower into mac and cheese with smiles. Mission accomplished!
My older two aren’t quite as picky as the youngest, but they are indeed picky. Neither of them even realized this was anything other than mac and cheese. Looking at it you can’t even tell, which is the reason I think I got away with it. All of my kids instantly notice any little visual changes. And when they do… they pretty much just refuse to try it. So frustrating!
How I got the cauliflower in is through the sauce. I steamed it and pureed it in with the cheese sauce. I personally prefer this to just regular mac and cheese sauce, but I do love me some cauliflower! So let’s talk about how to make this quick and easy cauliflower mac and cheese. Then hop over to Horizon’s Pinterest Page for more cooking inspiration! And be sure to check out more great recipes with their new Mac-n-atorPrint
- 1 box of Horizon’s Organic Mac and Cheese
- 4 cups of Cauliflower Florets
- 1 1/2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/2 Small Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Cook Mac and Cheese according to box, strain, and set aside (don’t add any ingredients to pasta yet).
- Steam Cauliflower 6-7 minutes or until fork tender.
- While Cauliflower is cooking heat olive oil in skillet and sautee chopped onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Add cauliflower, butter, onions and garlic, milk, and cheese packet from mac and cheese to blender and puree until smooth. I used the sauce setting on my Blendtec Blender.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
You may need to increase milk to obtain desired consistency. I sprinkled mine with parsley just to make it prettier ; )
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.