Hi, Everyone! Christmas is right around the corner and soon life will be settled down, maybe. With my 3 kiddos I feel like I never have time to breath, but that is life with kids and I wouldn’t trade for anything. Our family traditional Christmas breakfast usually consist of yummy homemade pancakes topped with a homemade whipped cream. I have been using this pancake recipe for years and it always gets wonderful reviews from my hardest critics :) Christmas morning wouldn’t be the same without our Christmas Pancakes and hot chocolate and of course coffee for me. Go ahead, put a dollop of whipped topping on your hot chocolate or coffee as well, after all it is Christmas. Sit back and enjoy the memories!
Christmas Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 TBS sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1½ cup milk or buttermilk
- 4 TBS vegetable oil or melted butter
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 4 TBS powder sugar (add more or less to your liking)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients together.
- Then mix in milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix well and then gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle to medium heat, adjust heat as needed. I use an electric griddle and set the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Pour or scoop approximately ⅓ cup of batter onto the griddle, use more or less batter to create your desired size of pancakes.
- Brown pancake on both sides.
- Serve warm and top with homemade whipped topping!
- Chill your mixing bowl and beaters (or whisk attachment) in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the whipping cream to the chilled bowl and beat on low and increase to high until stiff peaks are just about to form.
- Then beat in vanilla and sugar until peaks form.
Looking for more fun Christmas recipes? You might like these, click on the picture for the full recipe.