This post contains affiliate links and is sponsored by FlexiSpot, however, all opinions are 100% my own. Using a Standing Desk in your home office has many mental and physical benefits while remaining completely functional.
Last month marked 12 years that I have been blogging. Not all of that time has been spent as my full-time job. Yet in that time, I’ve never had a home office. I always worked on our couch, at the dining room table, at the kitchen counter, or even in bed. Don’t get me wrong, I love my job’s flexibility, but I always dreamed of having a little space where I could call my office. I never wanted anything huge, just a small little section where I could keep all my camera equipment, computers, cords, etc. When we were designing our home, we added a little pocket office right off our dining area. With the addition of a new Standing Desk, I couldn’t love this space more!
It has been so enjoyable designing this space! I’m much more productive when I have a place that allows me to close the door. Especially during the summer when the kids are home all day. Let’s talk about why I chose a Standing Desk for my Home Office!
Why I chose a Standing Desk
I ultimately chose the Comhar Pro Standing Desk Q8. I really love this particular model because of the small drawer in the front. Along with the programmable heights, I can always have the height I want at the push of a button! Honestly, I don’t use a lot of pens and paper, but it provides a great spot for me to put charging cords and anything that might clutter up my worktop. Having clutter on my desk gives me anxiety!
My husband has actually had a standing desk for almost a year and he loves it! I never really considered it before then, but when I thought about it I spend a lot of my time using my computer in short spurts and then walking away to work on a project. Having the ability to stand and use my computer honestly saves time, and it keeps me moving. Especially when I’m just researching something real quick before going back to work on my projects. That’s one of the main reasons I wanted a standing desk. There are so many more reasons to utilize one though!
5 Reasons why standing desks are a great option for me
- Standing desks allow versatility to both sit and stand throughout the day. Just like sitting all day isn’t healthy, standing all day can be hard on your back. With the ability to simply switch between the two options with the push of a button keeps your health moving in the right direction.
- It allows you to get the perfect height for sitting with the proper posture.
- Being able to transition between standing and sitting gives me a boost in energy and allows me to focus more throughout the day.
- Standing keeps me more active and less sedentary. It’s easy for me to go down rabbit holes when I’m sitting, but while I’m standing I find I get more accomplished in less time.
- I drink far less caffeine while standing. I find myself wanting water more often than not!
Of course, there are many other great reasons to utilize a sit-stand desk that benefit your health, but I’m no doctor. FlexiSpot has a great article on some of those benefits!
Small Home Office
I’ll be doing a full reveal for this space soon! You can actually see what it looked like before in this IG Reel. In the meantime, if you’ve been considering a standing desk, I cannot recommend this one enough! But if you need something a little different, FlexiSpot offers so many different options and sizes to fit your needs. There are also quite a few accessories you can choose from as well!