Fresh cranberries are transformed into a beautiful citrus-infused jam with this recipe for the perfect Holiday Electric Pressure Cooker Cranberry Sauce.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Fagor America, Inc and includes affiliate links for your shopping convenience. All opnions are my own!
The holidays are here yall! Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and Christmas is right behind! Cranberry sauce is a holiday tradition around here. My sister started making it and as soon as we had real Cranberry Sauce we couldn’t believe we had been using the canned stuff for so long! Today I’m not only sharing a new version of this holiday favorite, but I’m making it in a whole new way – with a Fagor Electric Pressure cooker! You will definitely want to to scroll down to the bottom and see what some of my other electric pressure cooker loving friends have created for you!
I’m excited to share this new way of cooking with you today because it’s something I had never even heard of until my friend Cami shared her recipes and ebook, Master the Electric Pressure Cooker with me! If you aren’t familiar with Electric Pressure cookers they are… well… they are AMAZING! It’s kinda like a slow cooker, but it cooks extremely fast – a fast cooker perhaps? ; )
To be honest this was my first time using an electric pressure cooker, but I’ve used it a few times since and I can’t get over how quickly it makes things that would otherwise take HOURS! I’m definitely hooked! I’m sure I’ll have more to share with you over the coming months, but today let’s talk about this Electric Pressure Cooker Cranberry Sauce.
- 12 Fresh Cranberries, rinsed
- ½ Lg. Orange or 1 Small Orange
- ¼ Cup Orange Juice (or water)
- ¾ Cup Honey
- Add all ingredients to the pressure cooker pot and stir.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time has completed, use a natural release for 5 minutes and then release any remaining pressure. If any liquid sprays out, move the valve back to a sealed position and allow for more natural release before trying again.
- To thicken, simmer for 2-3 minutes. Sauce will also thicken more as it cools.
- Serve warm or refrigerated.