Today I am bringing you a fall, family favorite recipe! Just when you thought there was no more pumpkin recipes Ashley and I could bring you, I challenge those assumptions with my pumpkin pie cupcakes. These cupcakes are moist and delicious, a true family favorite. These fall treats have been made in my kitchen numerous times during the fall season, satisfying all of my family’s pumpkin cravings. My daughter brings a batch of these every year for her school’s fall party and the cupcakes are literally devoured in minutes. Which is why pumpkin pie cupcakes are a must for all fall gatherings and sure to impress the most pumpkin enthusiast.Print
Pumpkin Pie Cupcake Recipe
- Yield: 24 1x
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 TBSP warm water
- 1/2 of the can + 2 TBSP of a 15oz canned 100% pure pumpkin
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1– 8 oz package of cream cheese (at room temp.)
- 2 ½ cups of powder sugar sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of butter (at room temp.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour, spices, and salt.
- In separate bowl cream together butter and sugars.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir together baking soda and 1 TBSP warm water in a small bowl then add to the sugar mixture. Stir in flour mixture and blend well.
- Then add canned pumpkin and mix well.
- Pour batter into cupcake holders with an ice cream scoop. Using an ice cream scoop is an excellent measurement for cupcake batter. If you do not have an ice cream scoop fill cupcake holders about 2/3 of the way full of batter.
- Cook for about 20-25 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cooking times vary from gas to electric ovens.
- Cool cupcakes on wire rack before icing.
For the icing
- Combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Then slowly shift the powdered sugar and continue mixing until thick and fluffy.
- Set mixture in the fridge for at least a hour or more to allow the icing to set.
Lightly dust iced cupcakes with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice for a finishing touch.
If you love pumpkin recipes, we have plenty to go around! : )
Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake
Pumpkin Pie Creamer
Pumpkin Pie Toffee
YUM! I love pumpkin everything. I wish I was a better baker I would try so many of these yummy pumpkin recipes.
You should try this recipe, it is easier than it may seem. Even my 16 year old daughter will whip this recipe up and it comes out great every time :) Thank you so much for stopping by!
Megan - The Emotional Baker says
I love that little dollop of frosting. I thought I was through with pumpkin recipes, but I’m still concocting new ones in my head.
Thank you! I like a little frosting with my cake :) I hate when the icing over rules the cake because it takes away all the flavor the cake has to offer. Thank you for stopping by! I can’t wait to see what new pumpkin recipes you have in store. :)
Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later! says
Looks yummy with the perfect amount of frosting on top :)
Thank you, Amber :)
Liz Fourez says
You can NEVER have enough pumpkin recipes in my book! This sounds awesome! Can’t wait to give them a try : )
I agree Liz, a girl can never have too many pumpkin recipes :) Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Crazy question: is it 1/2 cup of pumpkin or 1/2 can?
It is 1/2 of the can plus 2 TBPS. Thank you so much for stopping by!