Are you looking for a tasty and impressive breakfast for Father’s Day or just looking for a fun weekend breakfast for the family? Well, look no further because these root beer pancakes are any root beer lovers dream. These pancakes are fluffy, moist, and sure to please everyone. Top with a scoop of homemade whipped cream, your favorite syrup, and lightly dust with powder sugar for the ultimate Father’s Day breakfast!
These Root Beer Pancakes are one of my husband’s favorite breakfast treats and my kiddos enjoy them too! Just as I was writing this post I asked my kids how would they describe Root Beer Pancakes and this was their response…delicious…amazing…my favorite breakfast! So there you have it, an enjoyable breakfast the whole family will appreciate!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups Root Beer
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 TBSP powder sugar (depends on your preference for sweetness)
- Combine dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add Root Beer, eggs, butter, and vanilla to the dry mixture and mix.
- Mix until all lumps are gone.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle to medium heat, adjust heat as needed. I use an electric griddle and set the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Pour or scoop approximately ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle, use more or less batter to create your desired size of pancakes.
- Brown pancake on both sides and serve warm!
- Chill your mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Then in a large metal bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in vanilla and sugar until peaks form.
- Scoop (using an ice cream scoop) whipped cream and top pancakes.
- Lightly dust with powder sugar and drizzle with your favorite syrup.
- Serve with a smile and enjoy!
If you are looking for more Father’s Day inspiration you might be interested in these crafts and gift ideas!