Disclosure: OXO generously provided the kitchen tools and The Shrimp Council contributed 5 lbs of amazing shrimp, but as always all opinions are 100% mine. I am a true believer in OXO products and I am very pleased with the quality of shrimp I was provided for this post.
Lemon & Herb Shrimp Skewers
Hi everyone! I am so excited today to share my #ShrimpShowdown Recipe and an awesome giveaway with you! Now through March 31, you will have a chance to win some nifty OXO culinary shrimp gadgets plus a $100 visa gift card from NFI Shrimp Council. These amazing products will assist you with all your shrimp recipe preparations. The OXO products include:
Today I am sharing a wonderful recipe for Grilled Lemon and Herb Shrimp with a Grilled Vegetable Medley which features a few of these wonderful OXO items.
I am a huge fan of fresh herbs and with spring here I am ready to get my herb garden up and ready. These wonderful OXO Flexible Kitchen & Herb Snips are perfect for snipping fresh herbs right out of the garden. In this marinade recipe I use a variety of fresh herbs that include:
In addition to fresh herbs, I also use fresh squeezed lemon juice for my recipe. Shrimp and lemons were made for each other, and this OXO Lemon Reamer will quickly juice your lemons in a breeze with no fuss.
Once you have prepared your Lemon and Herb Marinade with your fresh herbs and lemon juice, you are ready to start peeling the shrimp. Here is a wonderful OXO video illustrating how to properly peel and devein shrimp using their innovative one motion shrimp cleaner.
Now you are ready to start your grill. Grilling is one of my favorite ways to prepare food. I love cooking outside and and enjoying the fresh air of spring and summer. For the shrimp I used these OXO 12″ Tongs with Silicone Heads that allowed me to turn and remove the shrimp skewers with a secure grip to ensure I was in control. And I used a grilling skillet to cook my vegetable medley, which makes cooking vegetables on the grill easy and simple.
Ready for the full recipe…
- 1½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 TBS fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 TBSP + 1 tsp fresh lemon thyme, finely chopped
- 1 TBSP fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 TBSP fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 TBSP shallot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- yellow squash, halved and sliced
- zucchini, halved and sliced
- red bell pepper, halved and sliced
- asparagus, cut into small sections
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- sun burst tomatoes, halved
- vegetable broth
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar or bowl by shaking or whisking.
- Peel and devein, then set aside.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees (medium high heat)
- With foil, cover a large baking sheet with sides.
- If using wooden skewers, soak wooden skewers for at least 15 minutes before placing on the shrimp.
- Place shrimp on wooden skewers and then onto the foiled cover baking sheet.
- Whisk or shake the marinade and then evenly pour about 1 cup of the marinade over the shrimp skewers.
- Take a basting brush and make sure all shrimp are cover in the marinade.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Oil grill grates before place the shrimp skewers on the hot grates.
- Grill shrimp for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until shrimp is opaque.
- Serve shrimp skewers over quinoa and a grilled vegetable melody.
- Add all the sliced and diced vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add the remaining amount of lemon and herb marinade.
- Toss with tongs to evenly coat.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Now add vegetables to a 12 inch grill skillet and cover and cook on grill until vegetables are nice and tender, about 7 - 10 minutes. Cook vegetables in several batches.
- Cook according to the package directions.
- I cook mine in vegetable broth instead of water for added flavor.
Enter the giveaway below for your chance to try out all these wonderful tools I’ve used here today PLUS the $100 Visa Gift Card from the NFI Shrimp Council! eeeek So Exciting! : )
Make sure to check out the other amazing recipes from these bloggers!
A Kitchen Addiction
A Zesty Bite
Coconut and Lime
Created by Diane
Foxes Love Lemons
Garnish with Lemon
Growing up Gabel
Home Cooking Memories
Jeanette’s Healthy Living
Julie’s Eats and Treats
Lemons for Lulu
My Man’s Belly
Peanut Butter and Peppers
Peas and Crayons
Sarah’s Cucina Bella
So How’s It Taste?
Taste Love and Nourish
That Skinny Chick Can Bake