Hi everyone, today I have a very special dressing recipe for you, Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing! This dressing is made with some of my favorite ingredients: fresh strawberries, balsamic vinegar, and lemon thyme. I know some of you might not have fresh lemon thyme handy, but if you ever see lemon thyme available at your local nursery I highly recommend growing it in your herb garden. Lemon thyme has the most amazing taste and scent of lemon. Not only is this lemon thyme great in this dressing, but it’s a wonderful compliment to chicken, fish, or anything that calls for a splash of lemon.
This dressing is very satisfying and compliments a spinach salad garnished with toasted pecans and homemade croutons. I can’t wait to share this goodness with you, so let’ get started!
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS honey (add a little more if needed, depends on the sweetness of the strawberries)
- 1 TBSP finely chopped shallots
- 2 tsp fresh lemon thyme or ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- a pinch of kosher salt
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- cooking spray
- 4-6 slices of bread (any bread)
- olive oil or melted butter (about 2-3 TBS, add less or more to taste)
- 1-2 tsp Italian seasoning (or to taste)
- chopped romaine
- baby spinach
- sliced strawberries
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until all ingredients are combined.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly spread 2 cups of chopped pecans on baking sheet.
- Mist with cooking oil and toss to coat. Toast for 5-10 minutes, stirring half way through. (cooking time may vary)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bread into cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl add bread cubes and drizzle olive oil or melted butter over the bread cubes.
- Then add Italian seasoning. Toss bread cubes with tongs until evenly coated. Taste a bread cube and make sure it is seasoned to your taste!
- Add more seasoning as needed.
- Place bread cubes on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until crispy, dry and golden brown (cooking time may vary).
- Stir croutons half way through cooking.
- I used fresh romaine and baby spinach.
- Garnish salad with additional strawberry slices, toasted pecans, and homemade croutons.
- Next drizzle the strawberry balsamic vinaigrette over the salad and enjoy!
When making the toasted pecans I use a Misto for the cooking spray. This is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets. All you do is fill your Misto half way with your favorite oil, such as olive oil or vegetable oil, pump, and spray! I love it because there is no added chemicals and it provides a nice even spray for all my cooking needs.
Looking for more fruit filled, healthy recipes? Then you might be interested in these, click on the picture for the full recipe!