Hello Cherished Bliss Readers, this is Christian aka The Beauty Tipster. I know I am usually here to share a beauty tip with you, however, today I am here to share a delicious cupcake recipe. I created this red velvet cupcake recipe a couple months ago during my seventeenth birthday. Yes, I did make my own birthday cake, but that is only because I make the best cupcakes and I have learned from the best ;)
At school I am known as the cupcake girl, and when I brought these cupcakes my title quickly changed to “the girl who makes the best red velvet cupcakes”. One of my fellow classmates told me that I ruined her appetite for any other red velvet cupcakes but mine. She said that her parents took her to their favorite specialty cupcake shop and said that my red velvet cupcakes were tastier than theirs. With a compliment like that, I knew I had to share them on the blog. I am so happy to share this new family recipe with you, so let’s start baking!
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup of white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBSP hot water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup coca powder
- 2 TBSP red food coloring
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-8 oz package of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2½ cups powder sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of butter, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Next mix in one egg at a time and add vanilla.
- In a small bowl stir together warm water and baking soda then add to the sugar mixture.
- Stir in flour and coca powder until combined.
- Next add food coloring and sour cream and blend well.
- Finally pour batter into cupcake holders with an ice cream scoop. Using an ice cream scoop is an excellent measurement for cupcake batter. If you do not have an ice cream scoop fill cupcake holders about ½ to ⅔ of the way full of batter.
- Cook for about 20-25 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cooking times will vary from using gas or electric stoves.
- Place cupcakes on a cooling rack and allow them to completely cool before icing.
- Combine Cream Cheese, butter, and vanilla in a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Then slowly shift the powdered sugar and continue mixing until thick and fluffy.
- Set mixture in the fridge for at least a hour or more to allow the icing to set.
If you enjoyed this post you might be interest in these fun tutorials!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, see you next time!
Thanks for sharing this wonderful tutorial Christian!